Friday, April 1, 2011

Family Structure 5

Fred Stays With Me!
Written by Nancy Coffelt
Illustrated by Tricia Tusa



A young girl moves back and forth between her divorced parents' homes, along with her canine companion, Fred, who has several bad habits that neither parent appreciates.When the dog wears out his welcome at both homes, the child must forcefully remind the adults that, "Fred stays with me!" and help work out solutions for his naughty behavior. The story unfolds through the voice of the child: "Sometimes I live with my mom. Sometimes I live with my dad. My dog, Fred, stays with me."

Additional Resources for Classroom Use:


Fred Stays With Me! Story Elements, Discussion Questions, and other Activities and Resources for Pet Week


Week 1: Pets
Week 2: Farm Animals
Week 3: Forest Animals
Week 4: Rainforest Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment